Monday, May 26, 2008

Rilo Kiley

Thursday night I got a call from Dr. J and asked if I wanted to meet her & friends to see Rilo Kiley--It was about 7pm, and the opening bands were already playing. I'm a fan of RK, but not a huge fan--I think I liked Jenny Lewis's solo album better as a whole than any RK album I've heard, so needless to say I was a bit hesitant to drop $25 at the door, but it ended up being a damn good show.

Jenny Lewis was, surprisingly, scantily clad. Seriously--pull off the bass guitar and add some pompoms and she could've easily passed for Dallas cowboys cheerleader. I'll digress by saying that neither I nor my company was less than really turned on by it.

Sidebar
I also learned a clever trick for going downtown. Next time you are going somewhere near block E, park at Palomino's (9th between hennepin & lasalle) ramp. Go up and have a drink--they'll validate your parking for 2.5 hours. It's like a free drink!

No comments: