Monday, May 26, 2008

LIberty Tri 08 preview

Upcoming in June is my second tri at the Half Iron distance. A couple years ago, I did my first olympic distance race on this course, and liked it so much that I signed up for it's big brother.

Well, they changed the bike course due to conflicts with road construction, etc, so I rode a preview of the 56 mile course yesterday.

And it was murder. It's way hillier than the Pigman course (where I did my first half) and coupled with it's up & down 13.1 mile run, things should get pretty interesting. I was hoping that I could pull off like a 5:10 on this course, but I think that goal will now be out of reach. I'd say that I would just want to just survive to the finish, but I should put some kind of time goal on my race. So I think a good time will be 5:20 -- faster than my last half on a more difficult course.

We'll see if the lakes warm up any time soon. I haven't been in open water since the last half iron I did.

No comments: