Saturday, February 9, 2008

Vasaloppet '08

I'm skiing the Mora Vasaloppet tomorrow. Although the Birkie is my primary focus this season, I really wanted to ski it this year--last year it was held on a lake due to warm weather & lack of snow.

It will be held on the Vasa trails tomorrow at 10am.



I was originally scheduled to ski 58km, but they've shortened it to 35km due to weather.

I will be wearing:
+Gore windstopper fullface balaclava with downhill skiing goggles.
+double layer lobster gloves with hand warmers.
+A base layer, mid layer jersey, and a windstopper fleece.
+my nike running pants over craft tights, over my craft windstopper crotch undies.
+wigwam wool socks.

If I get too cold, I'm stopping at a rest station and quitting. The snow will be terribly slow, and this is only a training ski.

No comments: