Monday, September 8, 2008

Tom Morello

Since I've posted it, I've been mulling pulling down or heavily editing this post. I really don't like the tone here -- hey -- I just want evil pricks to get what's coming to them. Even if they happen to be currently employed in law enforcement.

The next day, I saw a pretty awesome video. Rage Against the Machine was supposed to be putting on an impromptu show in St. Paul, but showed up late, and I understand there were some confounding factors that kept them from performing. They performed, instead, an a cappella performance via megaphone of Bulls on Parade.

Afterwards, guitar god/Harvard political science grad Tom Morello made some profound comments to the protesters.

I'm paraphrasing here, so see the video for complete accuracy.

Tom Morello: I have a message for the police who kept us off the stage tonight.

...now I suspect some of the police may actually even be fans of Rage Against the Machine"

I suspect that some of the police come from working class and middle class backgrounds like we do an you do.

I suspect that the cops have much more in common with this band, with you people, than the people in the RNC across the street.

So before this weekend is over, they may turn their batons and their rubber bullets and their tear gas on us, but it is my hope that they realize that we all have something in common.

And one day very soon, they turn those batons, and rubber bullets, and tear gas against those jackasses over at the RNC.


Hey Police....do you realize that you just protected people who have lied to our country and sent us to a war. A war that killed 3000+ US soldiers, innumerable Iraqis, displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, and mismanaged retarded amounts of money?

do you realize tons of members of the bush administration are criminals? For example, go to youtube, search for Alberto Gonzales, and watch. THAT guy was the highest form of law in this country for most of the last 8 years.

No comments: