Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I can't wait....

Jolie Holland is apparently releasing her next album in a couple weeks, and has posted a couple songs on her myspace.

And they rock.

If I went back in time to 1993, and told my past self in the midst of totally digging Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, and Smashing Pumpkins, that my future self would find some of the best music of all time coming out of a chick singing country/folk music...

Or even farther back, to a middle schooler engrossed in Megadeth, Skid Row, and Guns n'f'n Roses...

Or farther back yet, to a tween listening to MC Hammer, NWA, and 2 Live Crew...


...well, my past selves would be really surprised.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was about six or seven, and armed with a JCPenny's catalog, I was completely convinced that I had found exactly the wedding dress I would want when I someday got married. I even tried to convince my mom that purchasing the dress right then might be good idea. My mom was even more insistent that my tastes would change by the time I got married. (Say nothing of styles and sizes.) I just couldn't understand that concept of my future self not digging a tea-length dress with puffy sleeves and a big butt bow. But sure enough... now I don't really want a wedding dress at all!