Friday, March 28, 2008

My Favorite Photographers.

Many, many of your have expressed to me your appreciation for my photography. Your compliments are appreciated just as much, and I will pay you one further. I give you MY favorite photographers.

I will not guarantee that all links are safe for work.

Rebekka Guðleifsdóttir
-- Rebekka is the biggest name on Flickr, hands down. She's responsible for inspiring an enormous new wave of digital photographers. Don't miss her legendary Icelandic horse set.

Trey Ratcliff -- A.K.A Stuck in Customs, Trey is an HDR pioneer and his work is inspiring legions of HDR fanatics. He also publishes online tutorials to get anyone in on the action that wants it..

Soffia Gisladóttir -- Soffia is another top photographer who publishes her methods into tutorials online. These have really opened my eyes into the power of photoshop.

G.Hjöll -- Incredible portraits, all with a very unique style & look.

Julia Fullerton-Batten -- Incredible portraits, some of famous people. Very much fine art, her photos are everywhere.

Andrea Giacobbe -- Surreality in portraits & fashion. Wild.

Helga Kvam -- top notch Icelandic landscape photographer.

Laura Travels -- A great photographer who travels a fair amount. Fantastic landscape photography.

Zena Holloway -- Underwater photography in a completely different direction.

Hamad Darwish -- Another world class photographer. Some of his photos are included with Windows Vista.

Jeff Sullivan -- A huge cache of incredible landscapes. Great talent.

Of course, there's plenty more that I could mention, but simply don't have time. You can find many of them in my Flickr contacts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zena Holloway?--isn't that a bit cliche'? Underwater is lovely and all and I definitely couldn't do it myself, but I don't know how artistic it is. You may be reaching too far for it. (?)
Your other photographer choices are fantastic, though.

Stryrker said...

Zena is new to me, actually. I've only learned of her work quite recently. I didn't know this work was yesterday's news...