Thursday, January 17, 2008

2008 Triathlon goals

2007 USAT National Agegroup rankings

men 25-29

Thork 99X/3552 Score 75.xxx

I was contemplating my goals for my 2008 triathlon season the other day, and have established 2 motives.

1) Midwest Multisports "Most Improved Athlete"

2)I thought perhaps a 1st place in the 25-29 agegroup of the Midwest Multisport series would a good goal, since I placed 13th after racing in only 3 races of 5 that can be scored. This will be my last year in this agegroup before moving on to the ultracompetitive 30-34 group. But then I realized: numero uno was Curt Wood, who ranked 7th overall in the same national agegroup of 3552.

So I'm goin' for Top 3.

To do this, I will need to accomplish several things:

1)Get control of my weight. I'm hovering in the 210 area, and I need to target 190. I'm going to have to make every calorie count.
2)Get control of my asthma. That means taking that damn advair twice a day.
3)Crafting a training plan and STICKING TO IT. I've got the backbone laid already through June, and am working the details out to be in shape for my best half Ironman on June 17. One week later will be the Waconia Triathlon, my 2008 debut in the series.

No comments: