Thursday, December 20, 2007

And the radioman says that women were a curse.

I'm back to not trusting my intuition. I wanted to jump in head first with this girl, but I know what a good relationship and a bad relationship should feel like. Something was not right, and I ignored it.

It turns out that one of my oldest friends helped make those cookies & Banana bread. Because he's been dating KM too.

In fact, unbeknownst to me, I'd been helping KM cheat on him since November 1. I don't see B very often, and no way was I going to bring her up with him, since they were close friends, and to my understanding, attempted to be more than that for a short time.

When she was off drinking with her volleyball buddies, she was with B. Or me. Depending on who she was telling it to. When I showed up to one of her volleyball games, the jig was up when I ran into D and started talking. He knew something I didn't know. 10 minutes after I left, I got a breakup text from KM. She still wanted to meet in person...this is where I got the treats.

Given our history, I wanted to take things very smoothly with this girl. I didn't press any issue, and take things delicately.

What really irks me is that I was dating several girls before she decided to cheat on B. I gave up potential relationships with at least 3 women. Before you make conclusions, I was not dating any of these girls seriously, but had the option to, and as casual as things were, I felt pretty rotten dating them because they were all really nice girls. But Yes. I gave up endless opportunity for what my emotions, probably driven by hormones, were telling me.

On hormones: I've been reading Sperm Wars, which is about evolutionary biology as it relates to human sexuality. Baker states that from the primal mind's perspective, it is best if a male can reproduce and trick another man into raising his offspring, so he can proliferate his genetic information as much as possible. The women's side of this is even more riveting . This is the impetus behind Sperm Wars, but I'll let you read it yourself. It's pretty wild stuff.

On Infidelity: Incidentally, there's tons of talk about infidelity in Sperm Wars, and how it is way more prolific that you might think it is, and why. I discussed this with KM all the time and KM seemed to eat this up. She even told me that she wanted to borrow my copy. You'd think that she might be torn up with guilt.

No comments: