Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Announcement to the World

For the greater part of what I call my adult life, George W. Bush has been the leader of my country. I have been vehemently vociferous about my distaste for his actions and his policies.

Today that ended. It was a change I contributed to.

I have voiced my opinion to my newly elected representatives, and backed my voice with dollars.

I want a world where kindness is currency, and goodwill towards those with whom you do not identify is a noble act. Where protecting the innocent is just as important as transforming enemies into friends. Perpetuation of violence must be replaced by an expanding circle of forgiveness and brotherhood.

I will oppose incentives rewarding those that squander, destroy, and conspire. Conservation of our limited resources must instead be of primary importance.

I will push for a world that creates a sustainable standard of living for all of its residents, where political, economic, and social stability & and the ability to pursue health, knowledge, and happiness are birthrights for every human child.


I will be very critical of every single leader, republican or democrat, from Michele Bachmann to Barack Obama, who do not support my vision.

....

No idea created by man has ever been perfect.

But we always have Hope.

No comments: