Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cycling Heaven

So Dr. J has been completely unaccessible(due to work) for the last week -- I haven't even talked to her on the phone since Tuesday.

Not the worst thing, although this is the most time since we've been dating that we haven't talked.

With all this extra time -- I've been on my bike.

Wednesday: 29 hard miles with Gear. Great course & roads, but my friends on their TT bikes don't leave much of a draft.
Friday: 52 Miles on my Cervelo out to the West 'burbs. A few hard surges slipped in.
Saturday: 78 miles of masochistic bliss from Prescott to Stockholm & back.

South of Maiden Rock has some of the best roads I've ever biked on. It feels downhill in both directions, even if the wind is in your face.

And the view is spectacular.




On the way back, we had a tailwind. This intuitively is a good thing, but not when you consider that biking up a monster hill leaves you with no moving air to cool you off. My riding companion was continually turning around on the hills to get some wind in his face.

I became a sweat machine--I drank over 8 liters of gatorade & water during & immediately after the ride.

Today: 57 miles -- Sunday coffee ride + commuting to & from.

Hopefully I can rock out at my next tri this weekend.

No comments: