Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Mark of the Beast

I just spent 46.65 to fill my tank of gas. Which was exactly 16.666 gallons.

Now. It's coincidences such as these that make me believe that christian liturgy has more weight to it than I've previously thought. Which places an agnostic...ist such as myself a few inches off the bullseye.

That being said, seeing this schnappszahl (see german) where I did has me understanding who is in charge, and what his "foot-in-the-door" is. Believeable, considering the violence and avarice which seems to always accompany petroleum on this planet.

And if we do happen to have a sentient "intelligent designer", he/she/it is not omnipotent, or not benevolent. Or both. Which is in direct opposition to the word of every clergyman every "mono-deist" religion I can think of.

So I'm going to be riding my bike more often. (Speaking of which; yesterday, I probably saved $10 in gas and spent 500 calories riding my bike around town)

Also, and I've been doing this for a while now, I'm never going to spend another dime at a "convenience store" outside of gas. It's getting more & more expensive to live in this country, and the only way to have your voice heard will soon be to keep your own money in your own pocket. Maybe you'll hear me. Or maybe not. I can't speak billions loud.

(And I think someone is trying to squelch this voice. This is my 3rd try to post this blog entry)

No comments: