Saturday, October 25, 2008

Looks like I've been putting my money in the right place to date...

So I just signed up with Mint.com. It's a pretty sweet site that lets you manage all your money accounts & credit cards, does spending trending, helps you track your investments, generates cool graphics automatically, etc -- all with minimal work on your end.

Here's a pretty interesting infographic that it made for me...



So I've been (relatively) smart so far with where I've put my money. Now all I have to do is figure out where it should go when the economy reverses itself.

And save more. That's a concept our generation is going to have to put their heads around. They haven't thus far.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously with the saving bit. As I've said before, I've heard so many stories of people making six figures who have 30K of credit card debt and live paycheck to paycheck! Something is very wrong.

Unknown said...

And has Mint gotten better with their tags? I signed up with them last year and all of my custom categories kept getting screwed up. Now I just keep everything in a super anal-retentive spreadsheet. Because I'm a nerd.

Stryrker said...

The ex confided to me in July that despite being a physician working 100 hours a week, her brand new BMW, and living with her parents just off east river road, she had $50 in her checking account and that she used her mother's credit card when she paid for dinner & drinks.

Stryrker said...

I haven't been doing too well with my own super anal spreadsheet. I'll try using Mint for now.