Monday, October 29, 2007

A Great Read

I bought "I hope they serve beer in Hell" by Tucker Max when I was at SeaTac a few weeks ago when I realized I left my book club book at home.

From the Back Cover:

My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole.

I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead.

But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way. I share my adventures with the world.

This book is reprehensible, mysogynistic, sordid, and...scatalogical from time to time.

And it is fucking funny. He even tells stories that are very embarassing to him, if you're wondering if it is just a big ego trip.

I highly recommend. I'm going to read it again.

Sidebar: If I ever have a daughter, I will make her read this as a warning.

No comments: