Sunday, May 1, 2005

Mayday Gloat-a-thon/Cheapo Purchase of a Lifetime

This morning, I woke up late for my sunday-morning-routine- breakfast-at-The Egg&I -with-Amy, so instead, I went to Cheapo to pick up the new Garbage disk(which was a killer show, btw) and just as I was about to check out at the register, I saw, in the USED cd rack nearest to the counter, in plain view, Mike Doughty's new cd, Haughty Melodic. A disk that I have been aching to get for months!

On any normal day, this would not be incredibly alarming , but today it is May 1st, and this cd is not going to be released until May 3rd, 2005. I picked up a full length promo album used before it was actually released!!!!!!

What makes this more even astounding to me, is that I know cheapo employees. They usually cherry-pick all the best incoming cd's, so you would begin to think that this wouldve quickly ended up in the mits of a music savvy employee. Nope. It's in my mits..ur...cd player.

And it is so good.

I'll add a photo for evidence.

No comments: